Saturday, September 30, 2006

Plan to depart Nov. 6

This is my first post. I hope I'll be able to write here often.

We depart Nov. 6 for stagging, which will most likely be in an city on the East Coast. I'm hoping it will be New York, but any place I haven't been to would be nice. The staging is basically a getting to know you weekend with the other volunteers, shots, last minute paperwork... It might even be two nights in two different cities. I'll get per diem.

After staging, we'll leave the U.S. for Namibia, probably with a pit stop in Europe. Training in Namibia will begin Nov. 10 and will last until school starts sometime in Januaray. Only then will I arrive at my final destination (location to be determined in December or possibly January).

I am going to practice posting pictures.

Comments:
Hey I think that its cool that you have seen a 10 legged spider and hope that you get to see more wild animals. Both of the grandmas have been asking about you and we have told them as much as we can. We miss you and think of you all the time.
Love
Lauren
 
Scott
Missed you guys at Thanksgiving but I understand you had some American food that day with your group! Thats great. I have checked out Nkurenkuru on the map and read some articles. I found pictures of students from the high school. If I am not mistaking it gave ages as 3 graders, 16yrs old, 4th grade 17 etc. So I am not sure about the high school? Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway its interesting. Sounds as though things are going well. Let us know an address as soon as you can so I can distribute it to these grandparents. Love and miss you guys. Vicki
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?